Business Debt, Collections help for my hoa

J

JUAN23

Jurisdiction
Georgia
hallo, just need a little help here, my company ALLRENO work for a company name C.I,
all the checks come payable to ALLRENO, now.. my home owners asociation place a garnishment on my name Juan F Giraldo, few years a go before i create my company i used to work directly for C.I,
now the question is? can C.I hold a check payable to ALLRENO to pay the court even if i dont work directly for them

hallo, just need a little help here, my company ALLRENO work for a company name C.I,
all the checks come payable to ALLRENO, now.. my home owners asociation place a garnishment on my name Juan F Giraldo, few years a go before i create my company i used to work directly for C.I,
now the question is? can C.I hold a check payable to ALLRENO to pay the court even if i dont work directly for them

Are you asking if someone who holds a judgment against you can enforce that judgment and confiscate some of your recent earnings?

Yes, if that's what you're asking, of course.

can C.I hold a check payable to ALLRENO to pay the court even if i dont work directly for them

Yes. It's an attachment of accounts receivable. The judgment creditor would have to get the court to order C.I. to take what's owed to you and pay it to the judgment creditor.

However, since Allreno is a business entity that has no contractual relationship with the HOA, that's not likely to happen unless you are operating as a sole proprietorship (DBA) where you are your business.

Back