harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanhal4

Need advice. My manager was supposed to be fired about a week or so ago and i was interviewed for her position, during this interviewed i was promised that there would be no reprocussions if she were to stay. The general manager ended up giving her a second chance and that was fine with me. We were told that one of the conditions of her staying was to mend fences with her employees and bring to light any issues. I requested to speak with her and let her know that if there were any issues between us i wanted to resolve them, she got defensive and said that she was unaware of any issues, i informed her that since i started about 15 months ago she had been promising me a lead position and that i was a little upset that it never happened and she led me on the whole time to get me to do more work which i also told her i didn't mind, she brought up the fact that i recently returned from a company approved fmla for a medical condition, i stated that it was medical necessity and didn't see what it had to do with this siutation and she got even more defensive. There have been many issues with this manager regarding many of her employees that are too numerous to get into. I went to human resources and explained the situation and he agreed it was an issue and would speak with her but not mention my name. He then had a meeting with her and the general manager discussing me and she gave him a list of days she says i have taken out of the office as the reason i have not been promoted, this list contained legitimate pto days i am entitled to, company forced shut downs at christmas and my fmla, she then added many days that she says i took unpaid which they say is against company policy. i have time sheets and time off logs from hr showing that she lied on this list. I also have a copy of the policy in the company handbook saying that unpaid time off is at the discretion of your supervisor (hr manager claims the handbook states it is prohibited even with supervisor approval). My review is this week and i know she will be lying on this also and am prepared to protest anything that i disagree with. She wants me fired so that there is noone to replace her and they have no choice but to keep her. Is this now and if this continues considered harassment and what should i do to get it to stop?

go

I guess there was no harassment, maybe as of yet. If the same continues and other facts emerge which brings the case under the harassment meaning, may be a case can then be had. Better ask personally a Lawyer in your area for other possible angle in your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back