had an emergeny and got fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfxtr0t

my pregnant wife had to go to the doctor because she had some complications so i called my boss an hour and half before i was scheduled to work and asked if i could get the day off. he said "ya, dont even worry about it." the next day he fired me. of course he didnt say it was because i called in the day before. he made a whole list of minor "stuff" like how many days i had called in sick that year and how many days i had been late. said i wasnt working hard enough. stuff like that.

my question? i think that they singled me out because of my race. im hispanic. i know for a fact that some of the "white employies" have no-show no-call multiple times. go home sick all the time. some have gotten caught smoking weed and drinking on the job. none of them were terminated.
At work some of my fellow emploies bosses and maneger made jokes about my heritage. like calling me the foreigner, asking me if i was an exelent swimmer because i crossed the river. asking if my mom would clean thier house. or if i could get 20 of my buddies that hang out by home depot to come fix there house. stuff like that.
can i sue?????

If you believe that you have been singled out because of your race, your first step is to file a complaint with the EEOC. You need a right to sue letter from them before you can take any other legal action.

well I am a spanish male, and I will give you advice for future referance, first you should not have any late days at all what so ever sorry no excuses and if you do you should have a Dr.'s note, same for sick days a Dr.'s note, that way you can record it as well,
second about the name calling or making fun of, always say "I am not confortable with you talking about me like that I feel that is prejudisom" and write down what they said time and date and give your boss owner of the business a copy, you then go to the employment office and file a complaint,you do this everytime, they cannot fire you because then you will have a case, now with all that is said I believe you lost this one
Good Luck in finding a job and keep in mind this info and you can google almost anything you want to know..

your employer denied you fmla rights to care for your pregnant wife. what state are you in, you need to contact the us department of labor in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back