Going to Jail?

briannawitt

Jurisdiction
Virginia
I am 17 and got caught with oxycodone at school by the school's resource officer. He told me that I was being charged with 2 felonies: possession of a schedule 2 narcotic, and the intent to distribute. What are the chances I will go to jail?

I am 17 and got caught with oxycodone at school by the school's resource officer. He told me that I was being charged with 2 felonies: possession of a schedule 2 narcotic, and the intent to distribute. What are the chances I will go to jail?

If this is the first time to "dance with old Beelzebub", you'll probably get probation, community service hours, an order to write a paper on drug abuse, and directed to take a couple classes on addiction, drug abuse, and ethics.

But, you're putting the cart before your horse.
The cart can't pull the horse, and horse darn sure can't push the cart.

You're innocent Neil proven guilty.
All you need to do is keep yer yapper shut.
You appear in court when and where directed.
You plead not guilty.
You ask the judge if you qualify for a public defender.
You say nothing about the charges.
When you meet your lawyer, he or she will talk you through the rest of your adventure.

Meanwhile, as you wait, stay as clean and pure as a one day old baby.
You don't want more dirty trouble while you're trying to clean up old dirty trouble.
Behave yourself, be so good that everyone comments, "Wow, what got into you?"

You smile and say, "The fear of losing my freedom and good name."
Then, say no more, remember the first rule of crime club, don't discuss crime club. LOL

How long will probation last?

Remember what I said, you're innocent until proven guilty.
You haven't been convicted.
You might not be convicted for man reasons.
Don't worry about the outcome before the game is played.

If I had to guess, probation could be somewhere between a year to two years.

The process isn't quick.
You don't want to rush it.
So, learn to be very patient, and for your own sake, don't break ANY of their laws while you're in the penalty box, meaning, you're waiting for this end. It just started, and you'll be lucky if its concluded by next fall.

Back