Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Fired for retail theft 2 years ago and still cant get a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaiya1985

ok my question is that I was fired 2 years ago for stealing a gift card worth about $40...i know stupid me...so they found out about that and got the word out of my mouth(loss prevention person was investigating me for like 2 hours)...then they gave me a paper to sign for restitution and i gave them the gift card and the money that i used from it.....and later I was demand with a civil Demand for that as well....but no cops were called...

so im still even after 2 years cannot get a job...i think they have listed my name in a database as a dishonest employee...and if they have what are the names of databases that a big named retail store would use to do such things ....and because i was demanded with a civil demand will it be in my background check??...how can i check it for sure....??

Since no criminal charges were filed you name wont show up in a criminal background check. Far as the databases go the subscribers to these databases are closely guarded secret

I'm so sorry to hear. Those databases are a bit cruel imo.. Try looking for a new job outside of retail. I signed a letter of restitution and I just started to apply for positions outside of retail and I landed a pretty good job. Try monster.com or careerbuilder.com

Good luck.. don't give up!

Thankx for all the replies.....ok so as far as listing that job on my resume what do you think??..because I worked there for 2 years and its a pretty good work experience to list it on the resume...the other job I had(data entry) after that lasted for about 2 months and got laid off for the lack of work at that time.....i am trying to get a job in computer field as the start because the lack of experience for the actual computer field I am trying to get into Tech. Support position ...but that involves customer service as well.....so what do you think????

Re: Fired for retail theft 2 years ago and still cant get a

I think if you lie about job history you can be fired if discovered.

Adam West said:
I'm so sorry to hear. Those databases are a bit cruel imo.. Try looking for a new job outside of retail. I signed a letter of restitution and I just started to apply for positions outside of retail and I landed a pretty good job. Try monster.com or careerbuilder.com

Good luck.. don't give up!

Yeah, real cruel, such a shame thieves can't get a job and rip off the next buisness. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back