Finding a lawayer quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I have a long story. And it's very difficult to pickup the phone and explain entire background for them to say they can't help. How do I efficiently find someone to help when I know this topic will be a big family fight

I have a long story.

OK, but even the longest story can be summarized. Presumably, your story relates to estate administration and/or probate court (since that's the name of the board where you posted). Right?

And it's very difficult to pickup the phone and explain entire background for them to say they can't help.

Who are "them"/"they"? I assume it's a vague reference to a hypothetical lawyer. Correct? Why are you assuming a lawyer you might call would say he/she can't help?

How do I efficiently find someone to help when I know this topic will be a big family fight

The last part of this sentence is irrelevant, but given the dearth of relevant information, all anyone here can recommend is that you google "[name of county where the deceased person lived] county pennsylvania probate attorney" and schedule a couple of consultations (which should be free)

How do I efficiently find someone to help when I know this topic will be a big family fight

1) Reduce your topic to the TL;DR version. Try writing an outline, eliminating all the emotional details.

2) Look up law firms in your area that seem to deal with the legal issue(s) that you want to address. Set up an initial consult. Present your outline, not your novel. Expand only if they ask for more details. Do not go with the one that promises you the moon. If 3 different initial consults tell you that there's nothing to be done, there might be nothing to be done.

3) Legal actions cost money. If the estate is small, you could spend more on legal fees than you'd ever hope to get from the estate. This may be a concern for some people.

Family conflict is not rare. Sometimes it's predictable. Sometimes it blindsides you. My condolences, both on your loss and the fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back