Father's Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrieddad1

I have been living with my girlfriend for the past 4 years. We have a 3 year old daughter. For the past 3 years, she has been threating me with taking her away if I do not do certain things such as: cleaning, giving her money to shop, paying for trips for her, taking care of her family even moving some into my house she has come to the point were if I don't do what she says or say anything she will take my daughter away because she knows the lwas in this country and she will win. This is very rare, but indeed she does not respect me or my daughter. I think there is no way out. I certainlty do not want to raise my daughter in this environment, I love my daughter and she is the reason I am staying but, is very hard. Is there a legal way that I can separate from her, and get my daughter's custody? It is very hard to live like this, I just don't know what to do. What are my options as a Father? Would I be able to keep my daughter's custody? Please Help!!

First of all stop listening to this woman. She is blackmailing you. PLEASE keep track of all these threats of blackmail, they will probably help you in court.

Has paternity been established? If so, then you have just as many rights as she does. You did not list your state but if I were you, I would look into having her and her family removed from the house, or you can move out and file for custody for the child.

It is in your best interest to see an attorney. Stop listening to her blackmail. If paternity has been established and you are the childs legal father, she cannot prevent you from doing anything. She can though, also ask for custody and produce a bunch of trumped up charges to have you hit with an RO.

I would start preparing proof that she has blackmailed you. If I were you, I would see an attorney yesterday and see what options you have.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back