father with apparently no rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

twylgtrn

I had a girlfriend with whom we have 2 children in common. I have the DNA on my daughter and I signed the paperwork that says I am the father. My son I also signed the paperwork on, and bears my name, as Jr. I broke up with my girlfreind after finding out that she was trying to get more money out of her parents. They hate me with a passion just as much as I hate them. So to make sure she could get more money out of them, she told them we broke up 4 months ago, and they had her report to DSS (social services), and medicaid, food stamps, you name it she got it, all the freebees one could hope for. Of course they want my name and number, and she tells them I desserted her and the children sometime ago. Last week my son was admitted to the hospital. Everything was alright, but we were held at the hospital. Before I knew it DSS was in the room asking questions about me abusing her and my 2 two children, and that a "saftey plan" had to take place. I asked how long they had been looking for me and they said since May, 2007. When looking at all the paperwork they had, I found that they had an address we did not live at. But the biggest lie was the abuse. This girl has 5 -- count them FIVE CDV charges against her, 2 of which she has been convicted on. She also has severe mental issues. Now I am being told my children are with her parents, I have no rights,(we are not married), and I have no right to see them. I have been the sole supporter since birth of both my children. Was able to prove she had been living at the house at the correct address. Why do I not have rights now? Further more, her father is a House Repersentative here. He makes up more crap then I have ever seen. He only won this last election by 6 votes. When I look up his latest master piece I find he has wrtten a bill for a committee to investagate all child abuse activity in this state, and he is heading the committee. I can see where this girl got her traits, you don't have to look very far. I just want my kids, they do not deserve all the drama these people shell out. What can I do about my rights as a father (her father and mother have my children), and should I go to the media and his constituates with his recent medaling techs? I am ready to fight this low life I just need to know where to go. We are finding a lot of atty's tucking tail and running the other way.

Last edited:
You do have rights if you have dna proof. What you are lacking is an attorney with a spine. There has to be someone willing to petition the courts to force the people who have your children to allow them their father. Children's rights are all too often ignored in custody situations. This isn't just an issue of your rights. It is primarily an issue of your children's rights to have a full family, including their father, mother and grandparents and anyone else who loves them.

you need to call around to some fathers rights attorney's that can help you. The mother for one, has committed welfare fraud.

You need to file for custody and convince the court the kids are better of with you.

Your hatred for your children's grandparents could become a problem for them. I think that the children should have access to anyone they love and who loves them. That includes their grandparents. It sounds like you have a pretty good case for getting custody of your children if the mother is as bad as you say. I would like to say that her parents are probably trying to do what they can for the children and are probably at a loss as to what to do about their mother's unfitness to take care of them. They most likely are aware of your hatred for them and fearful that they will lose access to their grandchildren if you gain custody, and rightfully so, considering your stated feelings about them. It would be helpful to everyone, I think, if you could put aside your anger long enough to put the children's emotional feelings and needs first and consider that no matter how much you may hate their grandparents, the children would probably be devastated to have them removed from their lives. I keep hearing over and over people who are fighting for custody of children demanding THEIR rights and I hear extremely little about the CHILDREN'S rights. Perhaps it's your extreme lack of any attempt to understand that your children have formed a bond with their grandparents that is causing the attorneys with whom you have spoken to "turn tail and run". Once again, I beg you, remember that your children have feelings and rights and try to consider things from their point of view when you are deciding how to rearrange their lives. Their grandfather may indeed be the villian you paint him as, but your children have a bond and a relationship with their grandparents and I think that should be respected. I also imagine that they love their mother, no matter how mentally ill she may be. I hope that those children don't have t heir hearts broken and their rights stomped on in the struggle between the adults in their lives.

You know once I read your advise Grandma Donna, I realized your proably right, and that is what makes me so mad is that no one has my children's rights in mind. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back