Father Using Custody as Retaliation for Child Support Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

4MySon97

I am pursuing child support from my son's father. Upon being served my son's father has now changed the after school and summer custody arrangement that has been in place for the last 4 years. (which is my son remains with me after school and summer days when his father works) Can he legally do this? :confused:

My son is suffering... ANY advice to my rights to try and keep a sense of routine in my sons life would help. (I know his father is now trying to demonstrate 50/50 custody as with the after school care etc. the custody split was 41% to 59%.) Can he just out of the blue change the schedule like this?

My son is already feeling the ripple effect of not seeing me (or I him) everyday as per usual. (acting out in class and home sick from school before the 1/2 way mark today) :( He is 12.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Bren
CA

I am pursuing child support from my son's father. Upon being served my son's father has now changed the after school and summer custody arrangement that has been in place for the last 4 years. (which is my son remains with me after school and summer days when his father works) Can he legally do this? :confused:

My son is suffering... ANY advice to my rights to try and keep a sense of routine in my sons life would help. (I know his father is now trying to demonstrate 50/50 custody as with the after school care etc. the custody split was 41% to 59%.) Can he just out of the blue change the schedule like this?

My son is already feeling the ripple effect of not seeing me (or I him) everyday as per usual. (acting out in class and home sick from school before the 1/2 way mark today) :( He is 12.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Bren
CA

Perhaps you should place you son in counseling so that he may learn coping skills.

This was an issue in my divorce case. My ex and I have 50/50 joint physical and legal custody. Being a teacher, I was the preferred child care during the summer months and after school. However, my ex started using me as his personal slave. When I had an appointment and could care for my sons, he wanted to charge me for having to hire a babysitter. He demanded I bring them to and pick threm up from his work eventhough it the order stipulates a neutral drop off zone. When he took me back to court over something else, this was brought forward to the judge. With his attitude, the judge was very unhappy and now he must either pay me or pay someone else to care for the kids during the summer. I miss my boys very much, but I'd rather miss them than for them to see their father attempting to harrass me. They have adjusted well. Do you have some kind of telephone communication agreement. I'm sure that could help with your son adjusting. Bottomline: if you have 50/50 in the order, he has every right to make it 50/50. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back