father hurting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleek

hi im a 19 year old father me and my girlfriend jus broke up like 2 days ago she and the baby have been living with me since the birth of my son i stayed home while she was still in highschool to take care of my son and have been there since day one. she moved in with me because her mother is very controling and like 3 days after my sons birth her mother would not permit me to see my son( and i have proof of this) so i had my girlfriend move in with me. my son is currently 4 months old. me and his mother got into an argrument about him being sick while my son was at her mothers house for 1 day so i wantend her mother to bring him back home so i could take him to the docters the next day my girlfriend got upset and started yelling it turned into a 2 hour argument and eventually she said she was leaveing she called a friend and told her to bring my son back to my house and take her back to her mothers when her friend got to my house i told my girlfriend to get my son out of the car and she went and jumped in her friends car and they sped off with my son i drove to her mothers house my girlfriend was not there but my son was so i asked for my son and took him home 15 mins later my girlfriend showed up with the cops to get her things the cops asked her if this was a domestic violence issue and she said no she went in our room and started yelling and i didnt feel like dealing with it so i told her to leave she left. the next morning she showed up with her step father and the cops, the cops asked her once again is this a domestic violence issue? and she said NO! she went up to our room and the same thing happend so i told her to leave about 10 hours later the sherrif office shows up at my house with a restraining order stating i pushed and shoved her when she tried to get her things the day before and saying that she wants the baby and her things so the cops took the baby and i cannot contact or come see her or the baby untill my court date which is on thrusday and then if they find me guilty i might not be able to see my son for 6months to 1 year. my girlfriend would never want to take my son from me and i kno that it was her mothers influence my girlfriend has always had a very hard time standing up to her mother. her biological father talked with me today and said the same and said that her mother is wicked. i have already filed for custody so if the restraining order gets droped i wont have to deal with that again what i would like to kno is if it gets droped will the baby be returned back to my house since he has been living here since birth and i have always been his primary care giver and since i have writtin proof that her mother tried to lie to get the baby from me before will this even stick i want to work things out with my girlfriend but its seem the only way i can do that is if get her away from her mother and the rest of her crazy familiy thats why i filed for custody no one has ever seen me put my hands on my girlfriend and i never have. I live with 3 other people in the house that can say the same. she had 2 different oppertuniteis to say i had abused her to the cops and she didnt but i am very scared of loseing my son wat should i do? because i kno the court system works for the women in cases like this. on the restraining order the said they want me to seek couseling and pay emergency familiy money but i have been paying for him since birth all the clothes and strollers milk everything the statment writtin isnt even in my girlfriends handwriting and i dont think she understands the magnatude of what she has done or let happen she is 18 but very very young minded she has been sexually abused before by her grandfather and her mother made her not tell anyone (jus to let you kno how very controling she is) i dont want to lose my son i love him aND his mother but im becoming very lost i dont kno wat to do please help (sry so long im very upset)

Honey, I am not a lawyer but wanted to say how sorry I am for what you are going through right now. You can't go into court without representation. You need to have a lawyer with you or you may end up losing not only custody but even visits with your baby. I find it hard to believe that she was able to get a restraining order against you for an incident that supposedly happened with law enforcement there. I would think that you could call the police as witnesses on your behalf that nothing happened during that time. If so, she had the chance to say something to them at that time and they would have arrested you.

thank you for your concern anymore help would be greatly apreciated again i would like to know if the protective order is droped would my son be returnd here since this has been his place of residence since birth? all comments would help me a lot thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back