Family issues

K

Kmmg

Jurisdiction
California
2014 of October I reported to my father my mother was being abusive and my father then took sole custody of me and put a restraining order against my mother that is now on for 4 years I didn't even live with my dad once he took custody he left me with his sister and still collected childsupport from my mother but it only goes to his back pay so he claims and my aunty got upset because he wasn't helping her with me at all and made me move in with him and his girlfriend now he is going to jail next month and I know my mother has changed and I think it is time for a relationship with my mother again I really miss her and aside from her abuse towards me I know she loves me and could take care of me better then my father can I don't want to live with his side of the family when he goes to jail especially since they can't be there for me like my mother can and my mothers friends who are more like family how can I take off the restraining order myself if my dad doesn't want to help me

2014 of October I reported to my father my mother was being abusive and my father then took sole custody of me and put a restraining order against my mother that is now on for 4 years I didn't even live with my dad once he took custody he left me with his sister and still collected childsupport from my mother but it only goes to his back pay so he claims and my aunty got upset because he wasn't helping her with me at all and made me move in with him and his girlfriend now he is going to jail next month and I know my mother has changed and I think it is time for a relationship with my mother again I really miss her and aside from her abuse towards me I know she loves me and could take care of me better then my father can I don't want to live with his side of the family when he goes to jail especially since they can't be there for me like my mother can and my mothers friends who are more like family how can I take off the restraining order myself if my dad doesn't want to help me

You're a minor.
You have no right to be heard by a court.
On the other hand, your mother can petition the court to regain custody of you.
Why?
Circumstances are changing, your custodial parent (dad) is going to prison.

If you contacts mom, or had a friend contact her because of the restraining order asking her to seek emergency custody of you because pops is going to prison.

You shouldn't contact mom if a restraining order exists.

A relative of mom's that you're in contact with could deliver the message.

I pray you'll find peace, and all of your dreams will come true.

You don't get to decide where you live and clearly, you are not mature enough to make a sound decision if you think the woman who abused you and lost custody, and has not had contact with you for 4 years is the ideal living situation. No judge is going to give an abuser with a restraining order against someone, custody of that someone.

You lost out big time in the parenting and family department. You would be well served to do as well as you can in school and distance yourself from the lot of them once you turn 18. Hopefully there is at least one adult somewhere that isn't an abuser or criminal, who can help guide you.

Back