Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication fake id in california

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejwalden

I got my fake ID (was a fake with my real name, fake address and fake DOB) taken over the weekend at a grocery store. I know they give the ID to the cops because they get a reward for it. i was just wondering if anyone has any idea if the cops do anything from there to prosecute the crime. I am worried because they could easily check my schools (cal poly) record's for my name, and find my address and phone number.

1st, I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this or knows how far the police go to prosecute this. 2nd, Can the cops do anything to me considering they weren't there at the time I tried to use the ID. I mean, can they necesarily prove that it was me who used the ID (the photo and name on the ID are me, but that doesn't necesarily prove that I was the one who used it, unless maybe they use the stores security cameras as evidence). 3rd, what are the penalties. I've heard of anything from a fine up to the suspension of my license until I am 21.

Thank you

caught

I got a letter in the mail saying I have been charged with violating sections 25661 of the Business & Professions code and 14610(a)(1) of the Vehicle Code.

I am to appear in court in mid may to "answer the charges set forth in the complaint."

What should I do? Should I get a lawyer?

Boy, these forums are "cliffhangers", does anyone "in the know" ever answer all these interesting posters' situations and questions? Another interesting situation to be in, yes, we really are often "our own worst enemies"! Good luck, and in my lay opinion, a lawyer may be in order for this situation.

Just thought I'd give an update for anyone in a similar situation in the future.

I had court last friday, I'm glad I didnt get a lawyer because it wouldn't have been worth it. Just use the public defender. Anyways, the DA already had a plea bargain form for my to accept. Instead of the suggested 1 year license suspension that normally goes along with being caught with a fake id, they offered me a 30 day suspension and I have to take these alcohol classes. The classes are 2 hours each and I have to go to 5. They cost $175.

I'm pretty happy with that so far, but I still might have to deal with the DMV. Apparently I will probably get a letter from them sometime soon and if I do, it's almost 100% that they will take your license away for a year. So hopefully I won't ever hear from them. I guess if I do, my best hope will be to ask them for a restricted license so I could drive to school and work and stuff. I'll post again on here sometime later and let everyone know what happened.

SAME EXACT thing in SAN LOUIS OBISPO

I got the same letter in the same situation! I have court in MId June! But i live in los angeles and am going to be 21 in 2 months! Dude i need your help

Don't stress out too much over the court part of it. Almost all counties have some sort of special program thing like what I did. I don't really know where you could find out for sure. Just go to your court date and when you do just use the public defender and he can help you out.

As for if the DMV, finds out...that's what you gotta worry about. I'll let you know if they track me down. Hopefully not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back