ex girlfriends boyfriend has warrant and lives with my son.

zach

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hi guys so heres whats going on, I'm currently in the process of getting ready for mediation with my ex (Sarah) for rights with my son (11 yo). My son attended a school zone by my house for the past 2 years and now Sarah removed him from this A rated school and put him in a school by her which is rated 3 out of 10 star. We have a court date set in a couple of weeks so i can try to bring him back to the school zone he's suppose to be in but I'm afraid the judge will not rule in my favor. But heres the twist, Sarahs boyfriend who lives with her and my son hit my son a few weeks ago twice on two different occasions. I told my lawyer about it and i guess they reported it to child services. CS then contacted Sarah asking if they can stop by and talk, they then contacted me and came by to talk to both me and my son about the situation. Sarah boyfriend calls me right away threatening me wanting to beat me up etc etc. He drove by my house an hour later but never stopped the car. My fiancé then called the police they came but then left and reported it just incase. After all of this I then find out the boyfriend has a Warrant and has a bit of a record so my question is do I have anything here in my favor? can the court (judge) give me the right i feel i deserve and make me primary parent and HOPEFULLY get him back to the school he's suppose to be in? thank you guys in advance for replies.

Hi guys so heres whats going on, I'm currently in the process of getting ready for mediation with my ex (Sarah) for rights with my son (11 yo). My son attended a school zone by my house for the past 2 years and now Sarah removed him from this A rated school and put him in a school by her which is rated 3 out of 10 star. We have a court date set in a couple of weeks so i can try to bring him back to the school zone he's suppose to be in but I'm afraid the judge will not rule in my favor. But heres the twist, Sarahs boyfriend who lives with her and my son hit my son a few weeks ago twice on two different occasions. I told my lawyer about it and i guess they reported it to child services. CS then contacted Sarah asking if they can stop by and talk, they then contacted me and came by to talk to both me and my son about the situation. Sarah boyfriend calls me right away threatening me wanting to beat me up etc etc. He drove by my house an hour later but never stopped the car. My fiancé then called the police they came but then left and reported it just incase. After all of this I then find out the boyfriend has a Warrant and has a bit of a record so my question is do I have anything here in my favor? can the court (judge) give me the right i feel i deserve and make me primary parent and HOPEFULLY get him back to the school he's suppose to be in? thank you guys in advance for replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

No one can predict what a judge will decide.
You have retained an attorney.
I suggest you discuss all of your concerns with your attorney.
That's why you're paying him or her.
The general rule in these matters is convince the court why you're better equipped to parent the child.
Never run down or bad mouth the other parent or the lifestyle they lead.
Do make sure the court is informed if the child is forced to live in squalor, filth, and neglect.
The prime directive is that both parents put their personal interests aside to ensure the best interests of the child comes above either parents wishes.
Finally, the court wants to ensure the child is being educated and progressing well in school, and becoming a good citizen.
Good luck.

No one can predict what a judge will decide.
You have retained an attorney.
I suggest you discuss all of your concerns with your attorney.
That's why you're paying him or her.
The general rule in these matters is convince the court why you're better equipped to parent the child.
Never run down or bad mouth the other parent or the lifestyle they lead.
Do make sure the court is informed if the child is forced to live in squalor, filth, and neglect.
The prime directive is that both parents put their personal interests aside to ensure the best interests of the child comes above either parents wishes.
Finally, the court wants to ensure the child is being educated and progressing well in school, and becoming a good citizen.
Good luck.
thank you very much for your reply.

Back