Eviction denial by courts as tenant now what?

Chaffman

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hello my name is Chris I was recently in a court case with my landlord based on eviction for unpaid rent which I tried to pay one day late . The landlord was in a verbal lease with me on a monthly basis which they testified that they had expected late rent in the past but never served me with a notification stating they were no longer excepting late payment so when I was served with the eviction notice I tried to pay .it was turned down .so the judge stated that since I was not served with a notification stating they were no longer excepting late payment the eviction notice was void do to the no notice . So that being said my ? Is since the case was denied do I owe them the rent I didn't give them for the three months it took to get through the case and get the decision

do I owe them the rent I didn't give them for the three months it took to get through the case and get the decision

Heck yes.

And failure to pay it will get you evicted again, only this time the landlord will get it right.

I hope you were smart enough to set aside the money so you have it on hand to pay.

Of course, if you were still living there. Why wouldn't you owe it?

I was not asking because I don't want to pay or can't just looking for the right answer before I pay and another thing is what if I pay early and the landlord doesn't except the payment

Your question was "Do I owe the rent?" and the answer was "yes."

I suggest you get a cashier's check for the arrears and hand it to the landlord.

He's going to come after you for it whether he evicts you or not.

Back