emergency ex parte restraining order ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

32many

Please help! My husband has a 3 year old son who he has not seen since he was 5 days old. heres the story. Ex-wife and husband split up while she was pregnant. I met him a few months later. Wife then wanted husband back but he didnt want her. while the divorce was going on (for 2 years) mom allowed husband to see son one time because he showed up at her house the day she came home from the hospital but after that would barely take phone calls. while my husband was in iraq i was power of attorney and was to call his son once a month to check on him and send out the child support which i did. she didnt like it but she delt with it. when my husband came back she disappeared directly after the papers were finalized. we found her one time thru the internet and he called to wish his son a happy birthday but she hung up on him. she moved again and we havent been able to find her for a year now. we spoke with an attorney after hearing that she was seen in town again and he said to have a cop to go by her mothers house and see if she was there and to quickly file a ex parte restraining order before she leaves again. well, the cops found her there and now she has another kid and is on public assistance (which we learned thru child support enforcement). now the orders in the divorce states that he has residential visitation when he is in yakima and that she has to give him 60 days notice before trying to move...which she has done niether. now, i am trying to fill out these papers but i am so confused. how should i write in the restraining order what we want (the child is to come to us until hearing and then we want to fight for custody). which papers should i send to the court first? we live in florida which makes it very difficult for us. oh yeah also when she was living in yakima she was dropping the child off at my mother in laws house for days at a time with no food or diapers and then show up one day and want him back. i am so afraid we are going to go thru all this and the judge is just going to hand her back the kid and slap her on the wrist. please help us!!!!! ps- my husband has been paying her child support the whole time and its been going to her moms house and dcs says that as long as the checks are being cashed there is nothin they are going to do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back