eBay - Copyright Infringment, Help Needed. Attn: Thelawproffesor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradders

Hi there

I have recently received a letter from a solicitors in the UK it is very similar to angela's case on a previous post.

Basically, i need help,

Im 18 years old, and just started university, so i was looking for things to sell on ebay, ive sold on there before, but just items around the house..

i found a website that stated they sold "genuine" paul smith items on, they said there items were wholesale surplus, basically, overstocked items that people have sent back to them when there is too many.. so they say (this even says so on the website, does not say anything about copies etc) I genuinely bought them in good faith, and im totally bewildered about this letter i have received.

i saved up £150 and sent off to buy 8 wallets from there, and they arrived, i listed them on ebay, and they sold, feedback was left.. i was unaware there was a problem, .. i then bought some more spent £350 on them this time, got a few more wallets, .. this was in the space of, june - aug 2009, and now i have received this letter.

i am able to give them the web adress and moneygram order forms, but this is all i have, they want invoices / prices and evertything, ..

im unsure what to do , i dont have any money to pay them, im in my student loan already! i just wanted to make some money, and now im in trouble with the law! which is something i never thought would happen, over a big mistake.

please help me..

thanks so much for any of your answers,

brad

Note*: TheLawProfessor, i understand you posted back to angela, and would really like your help, the company also sent me an e-mail with all the things that were included in the letter, i sent this to your hotmail address but unsure if you got it. Anyhelp would be great

thankyou.

brad

If there is a contact person, I would probably tell them that you would be unable to work with them without getting a full release that you will not be prosecuted nor required to pay any damages to the company. They can try various scare tactics with you but my points would be (a) you should be focusing your attempts at a party engaging in *manufacturing* and selling allegedly counterfeit goods, which you did not, and (b) if what they are describing was true, you would be a harmed party, not the source of the problem, and (c) you are judgment proof. Getting any kind of judgment, assuming they even can, won't be collectible since you don't even have money to pay for school. So the goal is to not admit anything but have them understand that they can get rid of the source of the problem with your help or spin their wheels for nothing...

But as I mentioned, without giving you any "advice" which can only be given by proper in person counseling with an attorney/barrister and a retainer agreement, if this was me, that is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back