Easter Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria_s

My child's father is not letting me see my daughter for Easter this year. He said he's going by the letter of the law in our court order. I don't agree with the way he is interpreting the wording of the issue. This is what it says, regarding Easter/Spring Break:

"This period shall include the school vacation period of the child, commencing the Sunday following the last day of school at 7 pm and ending at 7 pm the Sunday before the commencement of school. Petitioner (father) and Respondent (mother, me) shall alternate years exercising this holiday with the minor child being with Peitioner in all even years and Repondent in all odd years."

We have alternating weekend custody, and it is currently his weekend (he picked up my daughter yesterday after school). Spring Break started after school yesterday as well, (this coming week they are off school).

He is saying that since its his weekend, he gets to keep her until 7 pm Sunday. I am saying that since it is an odd year, 2007, that i should have her for the 'holiday.' I see the 'holiday' of easter as a seperate day from the 'spring break.' I know that i have her all next wqeek, but i also thought i get to have her for the 'holiday' of Easter. (Easter fell on his weekend also last year, and he had her for the whole day last year.)

Can anyone please help me?? Does anyone have a better understanding of the wording of the law here? Does the wording mean that whoever's weekend it is, gets her for Easter??

I cannot call my lawyer, as its already 5:30 on Saturday night and he's not reachable. Please help!!

Just IMHO - the quote states "It says quite clearly "shall alternate years exercising this holiday" which means that the right is referring to the holiday in the preceding sentence. I don't know what he's thinking - that he gets her every Easter? How does he explain that second sentence?

It's now middle of the day, Easter Sunday. He's in violation of the court order and you should alert the court of this violation. Whatever you do, don't do anything drastic today despite the fact that you may be right. Remember, it's all about the best interest of the child and you can deal with the father's violation later without major repercussions, despite significant disappointment. Hang in there and Happy Easter to you. :)

"This period shall include the school vacation period of the child, commencing the Sunday following the last day of school at 7 pm and ending at 7 pm the Sunday before the commencement of school. Petitioner (father) and Respondent (mother, me) shall alternate years exercising this holiday with the minor child being with Peitioner in all even years and Repondent in all odd years."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back