Duplicate claims against Claimant

LawAmateur

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Good morning, I have a pending claim for damage in county court (the track wasn't set yet) in respond to my claim the defendant opened counterclaims which is not related to the main claim and fully imaginary, to scare me he opened the additional claim as well which is the copy of the counterclaim with only difference that this time added my partner and me as a 20 part defendant's. Long story short he send the unsealed additional claim form only to me not my partner which is also the party and after many months just before jurisdiction hearing send to us sealed claim forms. From Oct 2023 I was writing to court to get access to the court file - I wanted to check the dates of him filling the application/court fee and find out the date when court issued the claim. Court does not accept visitors, I couldn't make an appointment, court phone number doesn't exist, the only point of contact was the national call center where they didn't have this information and email to which they don't reply. I managed to find the internal court phone number and speak to member of court staff who first said that I will get a reply to my email a day before hearing (it was actually the day before jurisdiction hearing) but than change his word and said that file is with judge and he will show me a file on the hearing ( how would i prepare myself in advance for a hearing if I didn't have in advance required information for my application?). On the hearing date judge of course refused me access to the filed and stand with the defendant side (information provided by him and notes on file -i don't know if they were there, what was there actually), he advised me that I don't need access to court file and I should believe his words...I insisted to my previous request but I was dismissed. What can I do ? I lost the jurisdiction hearing and in addition court noted that my appeal is without merit (I asked for his permission) making appeal even harder. I'm the litigant in person.

Is it worth it, after submitting the additional claim jurisdiction by judge, filled acknowledgement of service with application to strike out additional+counterclaim on basis being duplicate( the same cause of action, particulars, only different is that I'm the defendant with my partner/ in counterclaim only me) and I should pray I will not get the same judge on another hearing ?

Thanks in advance,

I'm sorry but, despite the forum's stock option to enter additional jurisdictions, this forum is designed to answer questions related to US law matters only.

Back