Does email, that has been received and responded to, serve as "written notice?"

Mr. Sizzle

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
do you agree or have a citing for this interpretation of "email as written notice?' I have tried to search this board but have not come up with anything.

"email does not constitute valid notice unless: (a) you can prove that the person actually got it and read it, typically because they have admitted to it or responded to your email, (b) you have agreed with them in advance that emailing them qualifies as notice, or (c) less commonly, there is a statute on point that says that email notice is okay."

Can email serves as "written notice" of not renewing a lease, requesting information, etc.?

do you agree or have a citing for this interpretation of "email as written notice?' I have tried to search this board but have not come up with anything.

"email does not constitute valid notice unless: (a) you can prove that the person actually got it and read it, typically because they have admitted to it or responded to your email, (b) you have agreed with them in advance that emailing them qualifies as notice, or (c) less commonly, there is a statute on point that says that email notice is okay."

Can email serves as "written notice" of not renewing a lease, requesting information, etc.?

The court will ultimately decide if email notice was/is sufficient.

yes, the court will. the question I posed within my post was "do you agree or have citing for this interpretation of 'email as written notice?"

I am trying to see if there is any case law that deals with such an issue. I do understand that the court/judge/jury will ultimately decide.

Back