Do I really owe him/her back?...inside for details

You need to stop.
So far your leadership and great business acumen has cost an unsuspecting, trusting dummy $2,000.

BUT, your kindness and guilt have cost you your car.

The dummy who had been duped is now the proud, new owner of your car.

You never owed the dummy anything.

Despite that,thedummynow owns your car.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

When YOU buy another car, buy it from a reputable car dealer no other entity or person, just a reputable car dealer.

You need to stop.
So far your leadership and great business acumen has cost an unsuspecting, trusting dummy $2,000.

BUT, your kindness and guilt have cost you your car.

The dummy who had been duped is now the proud, new owner of your car.

You never owed the dummy anything.

Despite that,thedummynow owns your car.

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

When YOU buy another car, buy it from a reputable car dealer no other entity or person, just a reputable car dealer.

He does not have my car, just the title (paper). However considering I did not completely complete the title transfer (there was a part where I was suppose to by Federal Regulations complete and then it would be his but since I did not its an incomplete piece of paper and if my predictions are correct, its a useless paper unless I fill that portion of the paper. From the sounds of it, he did not file the paper to be his either. Plus I replaced my title with a new one (because lost) but really he has it.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is it my responsibility to owe him back what he lost? The full $2000? Or would give a partial amount be okay? Or do I owe him anything at all? Considering it was his money and all I did was help him and he trusted me and everything.

Your stupidity cost your friend $2000.

Your friend's stupidity cost him $2000.

How you divide up the stupidity is between you and your friend.

From a legal standpoint it's called comparative negligence but it's anybody's guess how a court would divide it up.

Follow your conscience.

Your stupidity cost your friend $2000.

Your friend's stupidity cost him $2000.

How you divide up the stupidity is between you and your friend.

From a legal standpoint it's called comparative negligence but it's anybody's guess how a court would divide it up.

Follow your conscience.

I certainly do agree that my stupidity cost him his money and I do feel bad about it. Ultimately he gave the greenlight to goahead and pay the money forward.

I have looked up what that meaning meant and I shall see what I can do about this problem. Considering going to court will be to expensive. Thanks.

Any other suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Reach a compromise that you can both live with if you want to avoid court and keep the friend.

Keep in mind that one amount might accomplish one and another amount might accomplish the other.

Back