Do I have to prove proof of purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anders

I am taking an ex friend of ours to small claims court because we lent her a camcorder, and have asked for it back with no success. We have taken all the steps and yesterday was our mediation, however she turned down mediation. Her counterclaim is that we harassed her, however I have phone records to disprove that so I am not worried.

What I am worried about is that I bought the camera in 2000 for about $500 dollars. I no longer have receipts or proof of purchase. Do I have to show proof of purchase, or can I just bring in comparables that I have researched?

Also, can I go after the amount I purchased the camera for or will it be pro-rated? The same camera now goes for anywhere between 200-300 dollars, and the extra battery which would be about 50.00.

Thank You

Please Note- I am not a attorney.

Just a thought, look through old pictures and see if you have the camera sitting out on a table, in the background, etc, and take those with you to show what the camera looked like.
As far as value of the camera, it is used, so like most things, they lose their value of what you had purchased it for. So, it may be looked into as being pro-rated. Good Luck with Everything, I hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back