Do I have to pay him or daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess08

Hi the summer of 07 i key up my son fathers car and now hes suing me not because hes mad but because i got my child support raised anyway he wants $1,600 but at the time i key the car up it was in his dads name but he put the car in his name AFTER this all happen so can HE sue me or do his dad have to sue me since the car was in his name at the time i key the car??????

first of all. acting out like that will always come back to you. so i advise you to never do anything like that again, it will definatly catch up with you. But about your ex, if this happened almost a year ago and the car was in his fathers name, it doesnt look good for you ex. 1- because it happened almost a year ago, and he's waiting until now to do anything. 2- if the car was in his fathers name, i believe that his father will have to take action, because he will have to prove that otherwise. But i could be wrong abou that part. But i wonder what is the evidence against you? How exactly is he going to prove that you keyed the car. especially after so long? Make sure that you make it clear to the jugde that you believe that he is doing this because he is angry that the child support was raisd. good luck. If it is proven that you are guilty, you will probably have to pay. I wonder why he did'nt do anything until now?

Its all over him being a dead beat dad

what i did was not right and i should have never did it i was mad because this man dose nothing for my son it was a mistake i well not make a again and i am welling to pay for what i did just not what hes asking for he wants to much. well when i keyed up the car it was in front of some of his family and friends so he has witness and i plead guilty, so do you think i should get me a lawyer or do you think i can fight this by my self with the info i got? i mean can he really sue me for a car that's not or was not in his name at the time i keyed it, would i have to prove it was in his dads name? like i said he sue me after i got my child support raised but is that really gonna make a difference if i tell the judge that he just mad that's why hes suing me 9months after the fact? your advice is really helpful so thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back