Do I have any rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAnderson

My ex boyfriend and I purchased a vehicle together in april of 07 and at first I was skeptical about the purchase because he is miltary and was overseas for a year. He could not get financing on his own i made sure to try every alternative before agreeing to sign, a little shy of 2 months after he broke up with me..the down payment on the vehicle was made by him but i was paying for the car payment and insurance prior to the breakup..after the breakup I didnt see any reason why i would continue to pay both so we agreed to split the cost..he would pay 200 to the payment and i would pay 200 to the insurance..He is now coming back to the states and he wants the car back and he is not willing to help me aquire a new vehicle but i am a co-purchaser on the one i have in my possesion now..i recently contacted the local tax collector who has adviced me that the title is drawn and "or". He is threatening me with an attorney. Do I have any rights?

If the vehicle is titled YOU and/or HIM, you are an owner too, and have the same rights of possession he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back