Assault & Battery Disorderly conduct under domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

marshallnv5

I was an officer over 12 years ago in California now living in Arizona. Last Friday evening, 7-4-08, my spouse and I had an argument concerning the matter that she has been opening my mail, specifically my cell phone bill, going thru my files, checking my cell phone history and checking my emails fearing I was having an affair or having inappropriate conversations with other friends. This was a calm argument, and neither of us has ever had a history of violence, especially toward one another. During the conversation, she said she felt i was "phyco" and she was calling her friends to beat me up and then said she called the cops. Two local officers arrived, made me stand in the kitchen and only said to me, "we know who you are, don't ---- with us, put your hands behind your back." They cuffed me and took me to jail where I spent the night until I saw the judge who reviewed my case, set a pre-trial date in August and released me on my own recognizance. When I was arrested, the officer did not read me my rights, tell me I was being arrested nor what the charge was, or even search me. Now not searching me was his decision, not smart, but I know not mandatory. I was not read my rights until I faced the judge where she read my rights and finally told me what I was being charged with. My wife and I were cooperative and peaceful during the whole incident that would not make the officers need to use force in anyway. Were the actions, or lack of, by the officers correct at the time of the arrest? Can I really be charged with disordery conduct because my lady and I were having a peaceful and calm (yelling was not involed) argument/ discussion. Thank you for any information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back