Discharged from the US Army

S

Scott S Phillips

Jurisdiction
Texas
I entered the US Army under a fake name. JDN DOB mm/dd/yyyy, SSN xxx-xx-xxxx Place birth Denver Colorado It was discovered while I was at Fort Hood TX. My section chief found my drivers license and some other ID. After receiving a lot of ridicule and taunting from my fellow soldiers. My first Sargent referred to me as "soldier" while in formation in front of my fellow soldiers. I tried to take my life by affixing a rope in my barracks from the ceiling. I was discovered by my section chief. I was placed in the hospital for about two and half months. I was given an honorable discharge in the name I entered the Army under. I was in affect discharged from the hospital. Only to return to my barracks for my personal effects. I was told to leave the base and not to return. A lot of my fellow soldiers were quite angry with me. Now it is along time later and I want to get (credit) service for my time served. As far as social security is concerned? I have already taken all of my pay and earning statements to the and received credit for the money's earned. I just want the Army to acknowledge there mistake! I was picked up at the hospital and walked through my discharge. I want the Army to acknowledge their mistake by fixing my DD-214. Thank you. Scott S Phillips zzz-zz-zzzz DOB mm-dd-yyyy. Than you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Army didn't make any mistake.

Besides, as long as Social Security credited your earnings, there aren't going to be any other benefits available to you if you were in the Army for less than 6 months.

It's probably to late to edit your post so I've asked the moderator to remove your identifying information (you can change your user name) so you don't add identity theft to your troubles.

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps it's about time we allowed you @adjusterjack to do the honors when needed, if you would accept the status.

With posts like these I can't be sure whether there are other factors at play here which might lead someone to post information which is not only personally identifiable but also highly damaging. Thanks for the heads up and the appropriate answer.

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps it's about time we allowed you @adjusterjack to do the honors when needed, if you would accept the status.

With posts like these I can't be sure whether there are other factors at play here which might lead someone to post information which is not only personally identifiable but also highly damaging. Thanks for the heads up and the appropriate answer.

As usual, Michael, your spidey senses are in fine form.

Had that happened as the OP states, not only would there have been no honorable discharge forthcoming, he'd have been brought up on UCMJ charges, court martial end for "fraudulent enlistment".

Article 83: Fraudulent Enlistment or Separation

People convicted on Article 83 offenses always get time in Leavenworth, at least I've never seen anyone "chaptered" and walked off the base, as some movies depict.

One can get up to two years in prison if convicted of violating article 83.
In addition, other UCMJ charges would pad the "charge sheet".

Plus, the US Attorney often chimes in with various USC offenses.

Last but not least, the offender never gets out of basic, much less to a duty station, for perpetrating that fraud. His or her fingerprints, as well as DNA would have outed him sooner, rather than later.

You need far more than a simple drivers license to establish your identity sufficient to enlist in the service of the United States.

I entered the US Army under a fake name. JDN DOB mm/dd/yyyy, SSN xxx-xx-xxxx Place birth Denver Colorado It was discovered while I was at Fort Hood TX. My section chief found my drivers license and some other ID. After receiving a lot of ridicule and taunting from my fellow soldiers. My first Sargent referred to me as "soldier" while in formation in front of my fellow soldiers. I tried to take my life by affixing a rope in my barracks from the ceiling. I was discovered by my section chief. I was placed in the hospital for about two and half months. I was given an honorable discharge in the name I entered the Army under. I was in affect discharged from the hospital. Only to return to my barracks for my personal effects. I was told to leave the base and not to return. A lot of my fellow soldiers were quite angry with me. Now it is along time later and I want to get (credit) service for my time served. As far as social security is concerned? I have already taken all of my pay and earning statements to the and received credit for the money's earned. I just want the Army to acknowledge there mistake! I was picked up at the hospital and walked through my discharge. I want the Army to acknowledge their mistake by fixing my DD-214. Thank you. Scott S Phillips zzz-zz-zzzz DOB mm-dd-yyyy. Than you. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Son, you didn't serve. You were outed, if this is true, long before a "constructive enlistment" defense became available to you.

Back