DHR has taken my kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiew34

Jurisdiction
Alabama
DHR took our kids on an anonymous call that drugs were in the home! My husband and I have passed multiple drugs tests now they are asking for 3 more! We are not even allowed visitations! We have NO drug charges of any kind. Neither if us have ever been arrested for anything! How can they do this in an anonymous call with no evidence of anything?

DHR took our kids on an anonymous call that drugs were in the home! My husband and I have passed multiple drugs tests now they are asking for 3 more! We are not even allowed visitations! We have NO drug charges of any kind. Neither if us have ever been arrested for anything! How can they do this in an anonymous call with no evidence of anything?

Unless you avail yourselves of your RIGHT to a COURT HEARING BEFORE A JUDGE, not a DHR Hearing, you'll never know the TRUTH.

In every case where the petition filed by DHR, you need to request a court hearing.
You need to read and understand how you must respond if you think you we're judged prematurely.

Dealing with the Alabama Department of Human Resources

You can hire a lawyer.
If you can't afford a lawyer, you might qualify for court appointed counsel.
You can't wait.
You must request a court hearing.
A DHR HEARING usually affirms what DHR did.

If the state attempts to remove children from your care by filing a juvenile court case, then you're entitled to court-appointed counsel, at taxpayer expense, to represent you, if you can't afford private counsel.

Make sure you get busy by requesting court appointed counsel, and a court hearing.

This is supported by federal law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back