DFCS Enabling my Abuser

Vanessa Crane

Jurisdiction
Georgia
After a traumatizing domestic violence incident in which I was told to kill myself by my husband, physically assaulted, locked in a closet, then coerced into telling 911 that I was suicidal, though I was not, was kept for 5 days in the hospital, forced to take drugs, unable to see my children, cooperated with the DFCS which required services I had to take, under threat of not closing the case, or reopening the case if I did not comply. My husband of course signed the document for me to not be allowed to be with my own children unsupervised, a worker who I don't even know what she's coming here for is going to be 10 hours in my home, retraumatizing me and enabling my abuser. This nightmare has still not ended 2 months later, and now my husband and our toxic families are further enabled to continue harrassing me despite doing the best I could while being abused with my children in the house. Now I've been treated like a criminal, I have PTSD already, but it's now far worse after all of this. And to top it off, the case worker from DFCS is a very young 20-something, unmarried, no children, who is she to let my abuser off the hook and treat me like a criminal? Everyone has believed my charming husband's lies and enabled him to continue to blame me for how he tortured me and no one can help or will help. I just heard a story of a woman who died because no one helped her, and he finally beat her to death. Just beware, anyone who is being abused by your husband, I've learned that I am supposed to just take the abuse, and my children will be perfectly fine while he abuses me, no harm has been done to them apparently. I didn't take the abuse right, so I better watch it and shut my mouth or someone will take my kids away. Sick world we live in. I guess if you're down and out in this society just pray God takes you, that's all you can do, because the system will just make your life a living hell and your abuser will destroy your life and your children's lives and make you look like the abuser the whole time.

And to top it off, the case worker from DFCS is a very young 20-something, unmarried, no children, who is she to let my abuser off the hook and treat me like a criminal?

This is the only question you asked: The cast worker was assigned by DFCS to supervise your visitation. She is doing her job.
As you never reported the alleged abuse your husband subjected you to, the court/Judge are handling the situation as legally required.[/quote][/quote]

After a traumatizing domestic violence incident in which I was told to kill myself by my husband, physically assaulted, locked in a closet, then coerced into telling 911 that I was suicidal, though I was not, was kept for 5 days in the hospital, forced to take drugs, unable to see my children, cooperated with the DFCS which required services I had to take, under threat of not closing the case, or reopening the case if I did not comply. My husband of course signed the document for me to not be allowed to be with my own children unsupervised, a worker who I don't even know what she's coming here for is going to be 10 hours in my home, retraumatizing me and enabling my abuser. This nightmare has still not ended 2 months later, and now my husband and our toxic families are further enabled to continue harrassing me despite doing the best I could while being abused with my children in the house. Now I've been treated like a criminal, I have PTSD already, but it's now far worse after all of this. And to top it off, the case worker from DFCS is a very young 20-something, unmarried, no children, who is she to let my abuser off the hook and treat me like a criminal? Everyone has believed my charming husband's lies and enabled him to continue to blame me for how he tortured me and no one can help or will help. I just heard a story of a woman who died because no one helped her, and he finally beat her to death. Just beware, anyone who is being abused by your husband, I've learned that I am supposed to just take the abuse, and my children will be perfectly fine while he abuses me, no harm has been done to them apparently. I didn't take the abuse right, so I better watch it and shut my mouth or someone will take my kids away. Sick world we live in. I guess if you're down and out in this society just pray God takes you, that's all you can do, because the system will just make your life a living hell and your abuser will destroy your life and your children's lives and make you look like the abuser the whole time.

I hope you can find resources to help you and that you can heal and get your kids back. It's unfortunate how abusers get away with what they do for so long. I was lucky that I could get away from mine and I had all the money, the car, the home and that he didn't show up to the divorce so I got sole custody. I know how messed up the system can be though and even when abuse is documented, it can be used against mothers in custody cases, especially if he never hit the kids.

I hope you find help and can get away from him and get your kids though.

Back