Dfcs case

D

DonnaM

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My grandchildren were taken away from my daughter and given to me in foster care. I feel the case against my daughter has been handled wrong. The investigation was due to an allegation of drug use. My daughter admitted to it and asked for help. She was told if she got help and did a drug assessment and followed the case plan she would not lose her kids. She was given a packet of resources. She missed her first apt for the assessment due to being in the hospital. She was told it wasn't a problem. She showed up for the second apt and was sent home and told the case worker made arrangements for it to be done at home. My daughter went to the hospital twice trying to detox on her own. She was told they don't generally do detox for heroin. And was sent home after many hours of waiting to go to a program. The second time I foolishly called her case worker begging for her help to get her into a program. No return call, she did call a couple days later saying the case has gone to a different level. She also sent someone to do a drug test. From there we get a call at home that they are having a hearing to take her children. We rushed to court and they post poned it a few days but ultimately took the kids from my daughter and made her homeless. As she was living with my husband and I and the only way to keep the kids was to have her leave. There is much more to this story. Based on the info I have given can we fight DFCS. They have lied to all of us and torn this family apart. As my oldest granddaughter was taken from my home without warning and given to her father. This child had no warning or preparation for what was happening. Her mother was already gone. She was not in any danger. All this should have been handled better.

You said the oldest granddaughter was taken from your home & is with the Father. Do you still have the other children? Is there any reason why the Father should not have his daughter?

Back