Daughter's Exboyfriend Doesn't pay child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojax14u

My daughter's exboyfriend does not pay child support for his 2 kids with my daughter because he has proved to the court system that he doesn't make any money. He is a contractor and owns 2 homes, my son works for him and makes $20 an hour under the table. How can I get the courts to make him pay child support?

Also, my daughter carelessly signed an agreement that she would not move over 30 miles away from her current address while having custody of the kids. Well, she can't afford to take care of the kids without her exboyfriend's help so I told her to move home with us and we can help her. She obviously is stuck because he's not helping financially, and she can't move to a more inexpensive lifestyle. Please advise.

Thank you.

you cannot make him pay child support, only the courts can. Has your daughter actually filed for support? regardless if his income is unde the table most states will input a wage for him. What has your daughter done until now? Your daughter still may not be able to move, she is going to have to go to court and get permission. Geographic restricitons are common and even if she didn't sign the agreement, Dad could have still blocked the move anyways.

Right now her best bet is to apply for child support if she hasn't, and try to wor something out with Dad so he will allow her to move. It is likely she will have to provide all transportation to visits since she is causing the distance. Gas is over 4.00 a gallon can she really afford to do this?

She really should see if legal aid can help her, or call around to an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back