Dating people with previous convictions

Jurisdiction
Texas
After 2 years of having a man in my life and being engaged, my ex husband has brought forth my fiancé's past and threatened to take custody of my child should I marry this person. Can he take my child who has been cared for by my fiancé, brought into my fiancé's family as one of their own be allowed to do this. My ex is remarried, he travels and is gone typically Sunday-Friday and his new wife is a nurse who works 45 minutes from their home. Who would raise my son is neither of them can even get him to school or home. This has been my primary job since my son was born 13 years ago. I have been the primary parent.

A lot depends on just what the criminal convictions were and how long ago they occurred.

Care to enlighten us.

If not, know that if your ex can prove to the court that your new husband is a threat to your son, he could very well get custody of your son, despite your misgivings about his care.

Either parent has the right to seek a rehearing on child custody matters if things change, or new information becomes known that would or could be detrimental to the child.

If you're dating a convicted sexual offender, pedophile, child batterer, that is something the court needs to know.
The court will inquire when informed, you'll have an opportunity to rebut the allegations.

You don't have to lose the child's primary conservatorship, all you have to do is stop dating a man that could harm you or your precious child.

I know I'd dump any woman that threatened to harm my relationship with my child. Men and women are a dime a dozen. Children, my children, are worth a ton of gold to me.

So, you know what the guy did.
Yet, you persist in having him around your child.
Dump him, save your child, it's what mothers and fathers do to keep their children SAFE.

After 2 years of having a man in my life and being engaged, my ex husband has brought forth my fiancé's past and threatened to take custody of my child should I marry this person. Can he take my child who has been cared for by my fiancé, brought into my fiancé's family as one of their own be allowed to do this. My ex is remarried, he travels and is gone typically Sunday-Friday and his new wife is a nurse who works 45 minutes from their home. Who would raise my son is neither of them can even get him to school or home. This has been my primary job since my son was born 13 years ago. I have been the primary parent.
What is your fiance's criminal record? Is he truly worth risking your son?

Back