Darwin Award Candidate

That grosses me out. I'm deathly allergic to cats and I had a real life cat lady situation a long time ago. Long story short - damned near killed me. And the stench. Hades would be envious.

That grosses me out. I'm deathly allergic to cats and I had a real life cat lady situation a long time ago. Long story short - damned near killed me. And the stench. Hades would be envious.
The older I'm allowed to become, the more I fail to understand.

I see things that short circuit my brain.

I hear things that make little, if any sense.

Life today is not what it once seemed to be.

The part of the video with the dancing white cat was pretty funny. The main video of the woman feeding a clowder of cats (of cats, only lion groups are called prides) as though she was feeding chickens was a bit disturbing. Everyone around me is telling me I need to get a cat for company. But after seeing that video I think I'll postpone that idea for awhile. :D

The older I'm allowed to become, the more I fail to understand.

I see things that short circuit my brain.

I hear things that make little, if any sense.

Life today is not what it once seemed to be.

When I was much younger I didn't understand why older folks made those kinds of comments. Today, I do. There are some things that teens in particular do today that just make no sense. If I was a teen it'd likely make total sense, but I'm not so I'm left mystified.

I'm no longer mystified. I have accepted the fact that human beings are irrational and that we are on the road to extinction. Maybe not in my lifetime but, eventually, the roaches will reclaim their place as the dominant life form on the planet.

Or maybe it'll be the evil cats that asphyxiate us all in our sleep.

1709254144855.png

They are cute. But as everyone knows, when cats get together in groups like that they are discussing their secret plans to take over the world. Or what's going to be dinner tonight. It can go either way.

I have it on good authority that the test location for the plan to take over the world, is Baltimore. When you see cats in charge of Baltimore, you'll know that the test was successful and they're ready to put their plan into action. :D

I have it on good authority that the test location for the plan to take over the world, is Baltimore. When you see cats in charge of Baltimore, you'll know that the test was successful and they're ready to put their plan into action. :D
Well, if cats do take over I will be on the "Do Not Harm" list for my lifelong efforts to take care and find homes for homeless cats. It was a bit easier to do back in Massachusetts then it is here in Vegas...so to compensate we just take 'em in. Hence the 1/2 dozen. We only wanted 2 when we moved here... the 2 that actually moved to Vegas with us. The other 4 just showed up and made themselves at home.

My babygirl Tobi is diabolically insidious with her charming ways and clever conversation... and she actually DOES converse. Never had a cat that talked so much. Ever. I have been thinking of starting a YouTube channel called Tobi T.V. ...I would make a small fortune!

Or maybe it'll be the evil cats that asphyxiate us all in our sleep.
I haven't heard that myth again in over maybe 64 years when my mother said that was why I couldn't have a cat. You know it's not true, right? She said that cats can suck the breath out of a baby's mouth while they slept.

But after seeing that video I think I'll postpone that idea for awhile. :D

If you live alone or don't have daily contact with close friends or relatives, then a cat is a saving grace to a lonely existence. They are not as aloof as people make them out to be. But all cats are different, and you can be lucky to find the right cat with a great personality. It's very nice to come home to a furry
friend that is glad to see you. And they are much less hassle than a dog.

My babygirl Tobi is diabolically insidious with her charming ways and clever conversation... and she actually DOES converse. Never had a cat that talked so much.

I know exactly what you mean. My Buddy is going to be 20 years old this year and he is constantly talking to me in his waking hours. He has three distinct vocalizations that I understand exactly what he wants.
buddyinbag.jpg

I love cats and strongly like (some) dogs. My wife and I, however, decided that after our cat died a few years ago, we weren't getting any more pets that eat daily. We can happily take off for a week and leave our 4 tarantulas and the snake without worrying about them starving.

I haven't heard that myth again in over maybe 64 years when my mother said that was why I couldn't have a cat. You know it's not true, right? She said that cats can suck the breath out of a baby's mouth while they slept.

I saw it on the internet so it must be true. LOL. Even if it isn't, I'm not taking any chances.

And they are much less hassle than a dog.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Then maybe a former girlfriend's cat who liked to sleep on my face was field testing possible ways to do that. :D
There is a comment I could make to the ^^^ post...but I will refrain. I wouldn't want to join the potty mouthed dude that was sent to the cornfield today. ;)

Back