custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ggal120

my daughter is having alot of problems with the father of her daughter. 5,000 in rears for child support. And has broken every custody judgement . takes my grandaugher over the 50 miles limit. no phone for my daughter to call. and is two or more hours late everytime bringing her home. she called the troopers this last time because she could not take it anymore so it is on record. another thing the baby is not even two and has been ordered by the court to go to her father a week at a time. the problem with this is she is so upset when she gets home that no one can take her but her mother. this is very upsetting to us all. something is not right. not sure what it is. she cries so bad when she sees her father that my daughter gets very upset but because of th court order she has to send her. how can we change all these things quickly. we need advise because we can not afford a lawyer. this would cost thousands that we do not have. please give us advise.

If she cannot afford an attorney, she can call legal aid to see if she qualifies, or call around to see if anyone is willing to go pro bono.

She needs to go to court to have visitation changed and she has to be able to prove dad is putting the child in danger.

She can file contempt charges on her own if she absolutely cannot afford an attorney but she needs to be able to fill out the paperwork correctly.

she filed papers on her own

she went to the courts and filed the papers and the judge and a lawyer looked over the paper work and said that all that is there is not an emergency and they set a court date for the 28th of this month but in the mean time today he could take my grandaughter.she wrote everything down and even gave them the papers that the police filled out. hopefully he will come and want to take her over the miles that are ok and she can call the troopers and refuse to let her go. we will see. i believe that child support and visitation and custody sould be heard at the same time. why is this not the case. it all has to do with being a good parents. and we know the place he takes her is the worst section of ny city. her well being is at risk. i know people go to court and lie to get back at each other but this is not the case. everything it true. why is the court not listening to my daughter. and what is wrong with my grandaughters law guardian doesn't she read and see the paper work that is filed. she never says anything in court. and my daughter is always told to stop talking. doesn't she have the right to be heard. especially since she has no lawyer to defend her and my grandaughter. help me to understand this system. if he was doing everything in my grandaughters best interest and going by the court orders and she is safe and happy. how do you send a child as the mother screaming and hand her over to the father.

was able to take her over the 50 miles

well so much for the law.. they could not stop him from taking her over the 50 mile limit and into the worst section of manhattan. and she went screaming for her mom. and the good father said that she is going just has to get use to it and was served the papers and he just laughted. so it is very clear to us that my grandaughter is not his first priority. the reason they could not stop him was because it was infront of my daughters home and that of course is not the 50 miles and they could not follow him. this is not done. and we call the officers in ny where he is and they would do nothing because they said they have better things to do. so now we will wait until the 28th and see what happens. and also he was 3 hrs late picking her up. the point of all this is why is he allowed to get away with it. it may sound trivial to most but my grandaughter and daughter are on a continues roll a coaster. my grandaughter is only 22 months old and does not understand the concept that she is only going for a week with her dad and coming home. a week is way to long at her age to be away from her mom. so explain this to me. and he really thinks this is so funny. and why is she crying so much when she sees her dad.sould we let someone see her and maybe they can give us so insight. she has become afraid of men especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back