Custody summons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikeman

My wifes 17 yr old son moved to his fathers house three weeks ago.
My wife told him if he ever wanted to live with his dad it was ok.
Last night we get served with a summons for change of custody and to cease child support.
Wife is in agreement with both but no one asked her, they just served her a lawsuit.
My Question is we have 20 days to answer Oh the summons is asking that my wife pay for ex husbands attorney and all court cost.
On the answer to the court any suggestion on how to word it.
We are okay with changing custody and stoppage of child support, but we are not going to pay for court cost, ex s attorney. Is it okay to answer we agree with everything except the costs for ex husbands legal fees.

Since he decided to go the lawsuit route not us.

Thank you in advance

Q: Is it okay to answer we agree with everything except the costs for ex husbands legal fees.

A: Yes.

SeniorJudge thanks for your reply. If I may ask you is it normal to start this process of custody change with a Lawsuit, or could it of been worked out by asking, then doing proper paper work, with out a lawsuit.

SeniorJudge thanks for your reply. If I may ask you is it normal to start this process of custody change with a Lawsuit, or could it of been worked out by asking, then doing proper paper work, with out a lawsuit.

I have been involved in the law since 1968; I have never once noticed anything "normal" about it.

1968 thats a very long time Congratulations. I quess what I meant by normal if it was neccessary for a lawsuit or if it could of been resolved without the suit.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back