Custody Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

granny630

Duranie

Just to let you know today was court day and my daughter was given sole custody with no visitation.

They are also going to be processing "him" for the death threat against us, but his family is retaliating and playing child games now. Back in March his mother let my daughter use her car. She has been up here for two months now and because we won't drop the charges against him, they are filing charges against her saying she "stole" the car. Nice right. The car was not stolen and there are several witnesses to it. She did have the car up here but when the trooper told her they were going to file charges against her she returned the car and parked it directly in fron t of their house. my daughter called and told them the car was in fron of their house and where to find the keys and they came back with "what car, what keys" and slammed the phone in my daughter's ear.

but at least she has sole custody and NO VISITATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as of right now.

Granny630

Well that is good. Your daughter should just stay clear of this man and his family. It is unfortunate she chose an idiot to father her child.

Was he ordered to pay child support? I would not expect much and if she chases after him for money, him and his family will continue to fight her.

There is a temporary Support Order, but her and her lawyer know that he will definitely go into default and he will be in real trouble then. Even his mother screamed at my daughter and said they are goin gto end up setting up support and if he skips a payment he is going to be in trouble. So she knows him well!!!!!!!!!!!!! and knows that he will probably not pay. He hasn't sent any money in the 8 weeks she has been here.

Male winning custody

What I wanted to know was what are my chances of winning custody of my 1st newborn if the mother who is 20 years of age already has 2 kids and living with her mother and step father? Where I on the flip side of things have no kids 22yrs old and live with my brother mother and step father?

Nobody hear can tell you of your chances, but you are free to ask for custody.

I would not take the position of bad mouthing mom. Just because she lives with her parents does not mean she is unfit, although as a parent I would be furious if my 20 year old was living at home while she kept having kids with men.

You would have to prove that you are the better parent. Courts are reluctant to remove newborns from mothers unless totally unfit.

I would agressively push for vistitation and joint custody. Her living with her parents may give you some problems of access to the child so if her parents are causing problems, thus is something that needs to be adressed. Hopefully you have an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back