Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Criminal Investigation Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbizzzz

Hi, Thanks for reading and for the added knowledge.

The long-short of the ordeal(can go into further detail if necessary):I(24) met a girl at an house party, first time ever meeting her (20, but told me she was 21 if it matters), we talk and flirt and eventually end up leaving to another house along with 2 other people(1 guy 1 girl). Me and the girl hook-up... I ejaculate inside of her (DUMB I know). I lay down next to you about a minute later she goes to the restroom... 10 Minutes later my friend come to the room I was in asking what happened, I'm confuse, and he says,"she said you raped her," I jump out of bed, get cloths and go outside where the girls are and asked if she was serious she claims, "yes, I wouldn't do that, I don't even know you, I have a boyfriend." At this point I remove myself.

2 wks later I was contacted by a detective saying I was listed as a suspect in a criminal case, sexual assault, I then let the detective know I will seek legal council because I have no idea what to do from here, besides not talking to the detective. She say's, "ok, well I guess call me back in the next 2 days and let me know who your attorney is going to be, and the uhh we'll go from their, but more or less since you told me you were going to seek legal council, I'm probably going to issue a warrant for your arrest and I'll coordinate all that with your attorney."

Now, I have met with a couple of attorney for initial consultations, and have found a lawyer that I feel comfortably with, but my questions include:

What are the steps from here?

The attorney request an initial 5k which he says includes bonding which in these cases come out to around 25,000, but can they issue a warrant for my arrest without me being convicted of the crime? (I can get the money but If I don't absolutely need to that would be for my best interest)

For Being falsely accused, What should my course of action be to receive some type of reprimands? She shouldn't be able to ruins someones life over buyers remorse without some type repercussions should she?

Lastly is there a possibility that I won't be charged? But If I am, will they just show up and arrest me, or give some type of notification.

Thanks

P.S. Is Perry Mason a Real person?

You've arranged for a lawyer, now you wait.

You were smart not to talk to the cops.

Silence is your right.

In the future, I hope you will no longer engage in this kind of behavior.

There are lots of whackos out there.

Thank you for the response.

What are my choices for raising charges against my accuser? Or is she freely able to accuse anyone with fear of repercussions?

You've arranged for a lawyer, now you wait.

You were smart not to talk to the cops.

Silence is your right.

In the future, I hope you will no longer engage in this kind of behavior.

There are lots of whackos out there.

Thank you for the response.

What are my choices for raising charges against my accuser? Or is she freely able to accuse anyone with fear of repercussions?
You really need to wait and see what happens with your case first. If the prosecutor finds that there is no evidence of rape at all then the state might be doing your work for a civil suit for you. Walking into court with the prosecutor dropping all charges is where you'd want to be. But there are a lot of factors - take it one step at a time and clear yourself before thinking of revenge.

Regarding issues like this, don't feel so stupid. As army judge has said, there are lots of whackos out there and that is a technical term. ;) A smart colleague of mine didn't even go as far as you did and has a woman, whom he thought he had a common friend or two, completely lose it and defame him in several places making accusations that only someone clearly off their medication would make. It happens and it's why there is a real need to be careful.

OP, silence is your best ally. Now is not the time to blab about even knowing this cow.

This is a classic "she said, he did"!

Don't start talking. Use your right to remain silent!!!

Let the state prove their case.

Don't say a thing. Don't even admit to being in that house.

I was just wondering, If the detective deems that whatever evidence they find is not worth taking to court, Will I receive some type of notification, like a letter, a phone call, an e-mail or anything?

I was just wondering, If the detective deems that whatever evidence they find is not worth taking to court, Will I receive some type of notification, like a letter, a phone call, an e-mail or anything?

You have NOT been accused of anything.

Don't expect any communication unless it is detrimental to your freedom.

If you have cut off contact with her then consider it behind you.

You do not want to have any conversations with the police, even if you are innocent. The police are not looking to prove you innocent, they are looking for evidence to incriminate you.

Personally, I would not worry about paying for an attorney until I was arrested or otherwise formally charged with a crime. It is possible the police will present the case to the District Attorney and will be told they lack evidence to proceed with prosecution. Otherwise, if the DA feels there is a compelling case they may seek an arrest warrant, and THEN you can worry about attorneys. Until then just go about your life as if this never happened.

You don't mention it, but I suspect there was some degree of alcohol or drug use involved here. The more sober she was, the better off you are.

So how will I know this mess is behind me?
If you are never charged, you will not know. This is why everyone is telling you to just get on with your life unless you are arrested.

In the future, perhaps you should consider the old fashioned concept of "dating." Yes, I know that it might seem archaic and old fashioned, but, doggone it, it worked. When you actually "date" you get to know a person. If she is schizo, you will figure it out. Then, one day, if things continue to blossom, perhaps it will then be safe to "hook up." But, when you live loosely and fancy free, you run the risk of such accusations.

Well said!!!

If you are never charged, you will not know. This is why everyone is telling you to just get on with your life unless you are arrested.

In the future, perhaps you should consider the old fashioned concept of "dating." Yes, I know that it might seem archaic and old fashioned, but, doggone it, it worked. When you actually "date" you get to know a person. If she is schizo, you will figure it out. Then, one day, if things continue to blossom, perhaps it will then be safe to "hook up." But, when you live loosely and fancy free, you run the risk of such accusations.

I'm just old ... I guess the "I want it now" generation included sex along with their immediate need for gratification in entertainment and communication. 'Tis a pity.

Great advice! Getting drunk and hooking up at parties with drunk girls is the worst Idea since running into walls headfirst with no helmet was first thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back