Credit card processed a payment without my knowledge or consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker12

This afternoon I noticed my bank account was significantly overdrawn. I called the bank to check and see if there were any unauthorized transactions; the customer service person told me that my credit card company (salute visa) had tried to put a payment of 100 dollars through twice. In the process I was charged 2 NSF charges for the same item, plus overdraft fees (my bank charges $8/day for continuous overdraft charges).

I tried to explain to the customer service person that while I am familiar with that company, it doesn't mean that I had authorized those payment(s).

I had made arangements to pay on this account on the 30th of the month in the amount of $50.00, and from another bank account in my name.

He said I'd have to contact the credit card company regarding this, and they'd have to reverse that charge and if "they were nice" they'd reimburse me for those banking fees.
...then the fellow got rude and insulted my intelligence (but that's another issue altogether) :mad:

My question is: Is a credit card company allowed to do this without my approval/consent?

No they can not do that, but he is right you need to contact the CC Company and tell them to reverse the transaction, and show them your NSF fees so they can reimburse you-- if they will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back