CPS used to retaliate

Shawn Safford

Jurisdiction
Idaho
My current girlfriends ex was served with a protective order. A few days later CPS was called. They want to do a home visit at her residence. They also want to do a home visit to my residence. The children do not live at my house. Is there anything I can do

Is there anything I can do

You can say no.

CPS has no power over you unless you bend over.

In fact, your GF can also say no and be talking to an attorney before letting those people into her home.

You might want to think twice about continuing a relationship with a woman who has such a toxic ex. The misery can flow into your life. That's not legal advice, just a personal observation.

My current girlfriends ex was served with a protective order.

A protective order issued on behalf of your girlfriend? Someone else? And why?

A few days later CPS was called.

By whom?

They also want to do a home visit to my residence.

Because...??

The children do not live at my house.

Do they spend time at your house? If so, how much time?

Is there anything I can do

I am confident there are dozens of things you can do. Do you have a problem with CPS doing a "home visit" at your residence? If so, feel free to tell them no.

The

By whom?

Because...??

I am confident there are dozens of things you can do. Do you have a problem with CPS doing a "home visit" at your residence? If so, feel free to tell them no.
Protection

The protection order was on behalf of my girlfriend. The ex and his mother have made threats against her, physically prevented her from leaving last time children were exchanged. And he has been physically violent towards her in the past.

By whom?

They will not say who made the claims. But the call was placed the day after the protective orders was served. The ex mother-in-law has threatened to call CPS and make up allegations in the past.

Because...??

I'm not sure what the allegations are as of right now.

They do spend some time here. Mostly when the threats are being made and she does not feel safe at her house.

My current girlfriends ex was served with a protective order. A few days later CPS was called. They want to do a home visit at her residence. They also want to do a home visit to my residence. The children do not live at my house. Is there anything I can do

How does your girlfriend know it was the ex that called CPS?

What were the allegations?

Hmmm, thinking....

Back