Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Constructive Possession

Brendanten

Jurisdiction
Missouri
Ok to start this off I was kicked out of my house(mutually I did not want to stay there either , and was waiting for my apartment to move into on Sept 12 ) so I grab my tent and went up the street into a narrow way of field between the woods and set up camp there.

I sleep there for a couple nights and a few of my friends stop by each night we hang. Well while I'm at my parents house getting some food that was mine cops showed up to my house and ask me about the tent and stuff and I say "yes that's where I've been staying" so they go to the tent come back and say the found some alleged narcotic.

I asked them how many did they find however they would not answer me. So they put me in cuffs and take me to jail trying to ask me questions and such in which I reply "Im not conversing without my attorney present". They fingerprint me and take my photo and all that good stuff and put me in a cell. I was released within 2 hours with no in for besides I need a ride home. I wasn't bailed out either.

So basically I waiting on the prosecutor to review my case (and hopefully dismiss it)
Or until I can see my police report which is not yet available on case net.

I called for some free consultations and all basically all lawer can do for me now is retaining my case?
Which from what he told me is making phone calls to the prosecutor and such to "flex his muscles"
Is it worth the $750 for him to do that for me for the possibility of my case being dismissed?

Honestly I do no think they have a case at all, because Constructive possession has to be proved that I knew that there were illegal substances in the tent. And I don't think they can considering I was not even at the tent when this happened , and anyone can go into a tent; it's not locked.

Please any help would go so far I am nervous and do not want a felony charge as I have career aspirations

So far so good for you, friend; you didn't BLAB.
So, appear in court when directed, plead NOT guilty and ask the court to appoint a public defender to represent you.
Depending on your financial situation, the court will decide if you qualify.
Only YOU can decide if its worth $750 to hire yourself a lawyer.

In the meantime, stay out of trouble, don't use illegal drugs, behave yourself, wait, and with the right lawyer (if things are as you say); you'll likely find the prosecutor DISMISSES the charges, or you end up with the prosecutor deciding to "nolle prosequi" everything.

So, just say nothing to no one, wait, stay outta trouble, leave all illegal drugs alone; and you MIGHT like what eventually happens.

Be advised, if you do beat them, you can bet your BIPPY they'll be watching you.
So, lay low, real low...

As someone in Missouri who myself once took an Alfred plea simply because I knew that if I didn't I would simply be charged with constructive possession before I could ever leave the courthouse I would LOVE to hear how this case actually turned out....

As someone in Missouri who myself once took an Alfred plea simply because I knew that if I didn't I would simply be charged with constructive possession before I could ever leave the courthouse I would LOVE to hear how this case actually turned out....

The powerful, almighty, super beings don't want this known, but YOUR silence is your most powerful ally. In many criminal cases, THEY ain't got NOTHING until YOU (their mark) opens that big PIEHOLE under your nose!!!!

Embrace every word of that Miranda Warning and say NOTHING about the case. WHY?

ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN THEIR COURT OF LAW!!!

Back