Constitutional Law Question

scogj303

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Has anyone ever challenged the constitutionality of letting a judgment creditor request and be granted the issuance of a bench warrant for judgment debtor for FTA in a civil matter? I ask because I was denied due process by an unscrupulous law collection firm that never served me neither with the initial complaint & summons papers/notice in time for me to appeal the default judgment they were awarded against me (again -- ONLY because I didn't know about the law suit. Had I known about it I would've appeared and SO CLEARLY won, as their suit had NO merits & I have PROOF of that fact...nor the subsequent bench warrant for FTA they were granted (but again, I never had ANY notice to appear for such or notice of a warrant for my arrest...until I was arrested nearly 9 YEARS after the original case was filed). HOW can this be constitutional?

HOW can this be constitutional?

Because this is a civil matter between two parties to a contract.

There is nothing unconstitutional about what's happening to you nor will there ever be.

You have a variety of legal remedies in this matter for which you can petition the court for redress.

I suggest you hire an attorney if this is beyond your capabilities to fix.

Or, just pay the bill if you owe it.

This is not a constitutional issue.

Has anyone ever challenged the constitutionality of letting a judgment creditor request and be granted the issuance of a bench warrant for judgment debtor for FTA in a civil matter? I ask because I was denied due process by an unscrupulous law collection firm that never served me neither with the initial complaint & summons papers/notice in time for me to appeal the default judgment they were awarded against me (again -- ONLY because I didn't know about the law suit. Had I known about it I would've appeared and SO CLEARLY won, as their suit had NO merits & I have PROOF of that fact...nor the subsequent bench warrant for FTA they were granted (but again, I never had ANY notice to appear for such or notice of a warrant for my arrest...until I was arrested nearly 9 YEARS after the original case was filed). HOW can this be constitutional?

I'll bite.
Why were you ARRESTED for owing a debt, or failing to appear at a civil trial?

If you were ARRESTED, it was related to a crime, not a debt.
Please explain.
I'm curious.
Thanks.

Back