Conspiracy to commit fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robjustrob

My jurisdiction is: North Carolina, USA

In an effort to bolster a divorce complaint, my wife and her parents, in my absence, constructed a phony crime scene in my home and called authorities in to investigate. They removed my legitimately prescribed steroid gel tubes from the pharmacy issued container and put them in a plastic bag and stuffed them and some marijuana in my dresser. They planted covert surveillance cameras in the bedrooms and bathrooms claiming I put them there to take dirty pictures of my wife and my then 7 year-old daughter. My father in law sequestered my daughter in a local hotel for a couple days while my wife and her mother constructed the crime scene so my daughter would not be witness to the activity. The sheriff's department came to investigate, photographed the cameras in place and then confiscated the physical evidence.
At my hearing, my wife's attorney waved a plastic bag full of my legal prescription medication in my face and decried me a steroid abuser. My attorney held my prescription information and pharmacy receipts in her hand and sat on her ass and said nothing. Counsel for the plaintiff passed pictures around the court of covertly placed cameras but never introduced the physical evidence. My attorney never demanded to see the physical evidence nor did she move to have the photographs remanded to evidence. We categorically denied all accusations. The judge wrote in the summary following the hearing that it was the opinion of the court that I had placed the covert cameras.
The physical evidence and the photographs were returned to my wife, the plaintiff. There was no evidence log entered in the case file for the plaintiff. I have no means now by which to have the evidence traced back to its real source. It's as if the evidence never existed, yet, the allegations are now a part of public record as well as the judge's determination of my probable complicity.
I had been the victim of spousal abuse for over five years at the hands of my very controlling and insecure wife. I finally said enough is enough and had her arrested two years before the above actions took place. They say revenge is best served up cold and that is what my wife did. And her parents helped her.
Does this not constitute a case for conspiracy to commit fraud, filing a false police report, character defamation, perjury...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back