Concerned Father

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thanks but now she's threatening that she's just going to take me to court because I can't take the week off my job to take the kids while they are on vacation. So guess it's not ending anytime soon.

If she just wants to be that way, then she will. Her threats are probably a bunch of hot air. Have you tried to find a day care or baby sitter for the week? Not to appease her or because of her threats, but so that you can spend as much time with the kids as possible.

I have tried everything you can name. She just has to make a problem out of everything. I even offer to take the kids to help her out and it just ends up biting me in the ....

We went to court last year because she was trying to tell me how I should spend my income tax money. Then she was trying to make me buy MacBook for my oldest a few months after I bought her a laptop. She starts to compare what my stepdaughter with my wife gets to what my kids get.

We went to court last year because she was trying to tell me how I should spend my income tax money. Then she was trying to make me buy MacBook for my oldest a few months after I bought her a laptop. She starts to compare what my stepdaughter with my wife gets to what my kids get.

You do know, as an adult, you aren't required to listen to lectures from other adults; especially from others whose opinions you don't value.

Last edited:
Ofcourse I do but then I have to jump through hoops to get my kids.

Well, you've been given encouragement, support, strategies, techniques, and some common sense guidance. That's about all we can offer you, buddy. Others have been in similar predicaments, and they've even chimed in what worked for them. Unfortunately, people are unique creatures with similar but disparate problems.

What worked for Hector, might fail for Leroy. Harriet's approach might not have as much of an effect for Belinda. YMMV.

Just keep trying things, tweaking things, and maybe you'll stumble across your panacea, too. Whatever happens today, it'll be over when the youngest child is 18.

From what I gather, your former spouse appears very jealous of your current life and successes. If I were you, I'd keep my head down and keep improving my lot. Nothing succeeds like success, and failure is a self fulfilling prophesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back