Company Framed ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilone8377

I worked for a company for about a month before moving out of state. While I was there I was very unhappy as the Assistant Accountant and HR manager due to the companies, well my CFO's policies. The company which was family owned, was in real financial trouble. My CFO would have me "edit" paperwork for the unions so that we did not have to pay them the amounts that we we're suppose to. The company was behind to every vendor and constantly trying to skate by. The woman who was in my position for 8 years prior was let go because of her bad attitute, that's what I was told when I was interviewed 'secretly'. I should ahve known then that something was very wrong, but I had just been laid off from my job of 3 years so I took the first thing that came my way with a decent salary.

Needless to say I was constantly worried about losing my CPA because the company was going to be audited in less then 6 months. When I started going through the AP/AR files i found thousands of dollars missing from bank accounts and debits to vendors that we're enormous. I confronted my boss about some of these things and he told me just to ignore a lot of it and decide what we could pay vendors without having to pay the whole amounts and to change hours that union workers worked so that we did not have to pay all the fringes and dues to the local unions.

Two days afterwards, I couldn't sleep or eat knowing this was completely against my ehtical codes. I went to my boss and let him know. He told me that I should resign and he would do my final pay with a bonus for keeping my mouth shut about what I had seen. I did as he asked and sent an email saying I was leaving due to a family illness out of state. Three days later there was a direct deposit (everything was ACH that only he and I had access too) in my account of 2,500.00. I called him to ask about it and he never returned my calls. Meanwhile I went on job searching and finally did move out of state.

To my horror I went home to see family and my aunt is a chief of police where I lived and informed me that I had an outstanding warrant for and indictment of fraud. She got a copy of the report that stated I had illegal stolen the money from my employeers account.
Being family she advised me to retain counsel which I really can't afford and that she wouldn't take me in.

So now, I am worried sick living out of state about if they are going to come and arrest me and expidite me back as well as not knowing which way to go with answering this indictment. Can anybody offer any reasonable answers?

I am a hard working mother of 2 that has had a rough life of abuse from a former marriage and now is finally happy and love my new job. I am just extremely scared of loosing all of that for a company that I could not work for.

What should I do?

Can the bank trace the origin of the transfer? If the files go back to before the date you were hired maybe you can prove they were scammers beforehand? Maybe call some of their clients and get info on missed payments :confused: There has to be a way to figure this out if what you say is true, maybe even find the ex employee?? :confused:
Good luck

Id just be honest about all that happened while you worked there - although being a wistle blower can be just as bad if not worse. Youre stuck between a rock and a hard place my friend.

Yes I know Im stuck in a horrible place. I have contacted the unions and let them know all that I could. They are starting their own audit. Meanwhile I found out the my CFO left 2 wks after I did. I'm not as concerned with telling the truth as I am of the reprocussions. I've never ever in my life been indicted and don't know what steps to take to try and answer things. I am also concerend about the coming to the state I'm in now to get me because I didn't show up for a hearing I had no idea about.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back