codes violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

katzsman

This is our first , but the city can tickets for a fine with no warning. new ordinance passed in aug 07.we try to keep our yard mowed trimed. I dont feel this fair,we have to go to court 2 days after christmas. I have tryed talking to the inpector with no luck, & my council people . we have lived hear for 17 years no problems. DO we have any rights ? this fine is for open storage. it list a plastic bucket, appliance, engine, all gone the next day, after the ticket, the 1 small stove for a friend ,he didnt get & the engine was a lawnmower motor. im 63 i try to do my best to comply with all the laws. THANKS for your help

You may be out of luck on this one. However I would imagine that you are not the only person they have done this to. Sometimes community outcry and contacting the media can make a difference. It sounds to me like they have just come up with a free way to get more money for the city. Normally tickets/fines are issued when a neighbor or someone complains about a violation. It sounds like your city is just looking to boost revenues and if that's true I'd definately go to the media as they'd love a story like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back