Civil Court Win With No Payout

Alyssa7

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I won a case and the appeal a decade ago and was getting payments monthly. The payments were for a very small sum with the overall owed to me was very large. The payments stopped 5 years ago and they have not made a dent in what I'm owed. What is my course of action to get this payout?

I won a case and the appeal a decade ago and was getting payments monthly. The payments were for a very small sum with the overall owed to me was very large. The payments stopped 5 years ago and they have not made a dent in what I'm owed. What is my course of action to get this payout?

Why did you wait so long to go to start enforcing the judgment. In the world of collecting, one of the common things I see is that the longer a creditor lets it sit, the less likely that creditor is to get anything because other creditors will have already beat the creditor to grab whatever assets are not exemption from execution. So if you want to do this, I suggest you dive and see it through. Starting it and then not seeing it to conclusion is worse than doing because you'll have wasted time that could have been better spent.

Back