Child Support until what

Status
Not open for further replies.

kim0511

My husband gives her Ex-wife montly child support, and take note this his ex-wife always goes to her lawyer and ask for increase support, just wishes to know until what age should we give support for the kids. And Is it true that (if ever) my husband die, this Ex would also receive half of the pension of my husband? Help me please, I wanted to clear things, I know being the 2nd wife (family) is a battle and I'm already at lost, where this trail would lead me. Help me please. Thanks in advance.

Usually child support ends when the child turns 18 and has graduated from high school.
She will get half of his pension if that is what it states in the divorce papers. That has nothing to do with the children though. That is usually what the wife gets in a divorce settlement. The father is suppose to have a life insurance policy to go to the children to cover child support in the event he dies before they turn 18. Although some fathers don't do that. Read his divorce papers. That should give you a better understanding of what kind of settlement his ex has.

Find out about your state's child support guidelines to say about how long you have to pay. Some states say 18 or graduation which ever comes last. Some states say 21 regardless (ex. Indiana). Some say as long as the child is enrolled full time in college.

I would read his divorce papers about the pension.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back