Child Support (sorry if already posted before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2boys

Hi I have a question for anyone in the Cleveland area who might know the answer to this.

Last year I filed my first motion with CSEA for modification of child support. I had waited the required 3 years after the initial support order. Finally last week I got the answer and there was an increase in the order. The father will prolly never pay the full amount ordered, only what is needed to stay off the radar.
But anyway I looked at the amount of money that he says he earns and he listed himself as self-employed, making approximately $18,000/yr with business expenses that reduce his income to $14,000/yr.

Now I know for a fact that he has a home worth $180,000 plus a new car. He bought both in 2002 right after the inital support order where he also lied and they believed him.

Anyway, it's not that I'm really after the money, I make about $26,000/yr and carry the children on my health insurance and pay everything they need. But how can it be allowed for someone to lie so much?

CSEA said they don't have the resources needed to follow up on the papers he presented. I was told to contact Juvenile court if I had an objection.

My question is (finally, lol) is there a chance that he'll go into court and lie again and they'll believe him and they'll maybe reduce the amount he is supposed to pay? Because if that is the outcome, I'm sorry I won't go to court and I'll just stay quiet.

He has never visited the children and has made it known that he'll lie to get things to go his way. My children ask about their father and I never have the right answer for them. They want to see him but he's so busy dodging the system.

Any answers will be welcomed

Thank you (sorry for such a long post).

Not sure how much he pays now, but it is probably better to let sleeping dogs lie. They cannot base CS off of assets unfortunately. You would think though that CSE would base his CS off of what he is capable of making, but if he is not degreed, nor does he have a job history of making more than 18,000 a year they might not do much.

You can contact a CS collection agency. They can go after his assets possibly and file a lien if he is not paying the full amount. They don't charge anything out of pocket but they take a % of what is collected.

Duranie said:
Not sure how much he pays now, but it is probably better to let sleeping dogs lie. They cannot base CS off of assets unfortunately. You would think though that CSE would base his CS off of what he is capable of making, but if he is not degreed, nor does he have a job history of making more than 18,000 a year they might not do much.

You can contact a CS collection agency. They can go after his assets possibly and file a lien if he is not paying the full amount. They don't charge anything out of pocket but they take a % of what is collected.
Ah okay. thank you.
You're probably right. I think I'll just let it be. We've gotten by so far, we'll be okay.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back