Child support/arrears/court orders!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neeneesdad77

Ok heres my deal!!I am currently unemployed have been for a few months and not by choice. I currently have a warrant for my arrest for child support and i want to stay out of jail but at the same time i have a new child on the way different relationship and i need to be there for her as well as my 6yrold.
I owe 9,383.39 as of the end of Decenber of 2008,it's going up and i am still unemployed and searching my butt off for a job.Now the twist on this is I live in Wi and my daughter lives in NC i haven't seen her since she was 3 until just this past September for 1week!!She's 6 now !!I want too know what i can do to get everything back in order without going to jail and being able too see my kid if i'm paying!!I don't know it's hard too explain!!:(:confused:

If you ower 9300.00 then you have not paid child support for some time. If you have not seen your child then you need to take mom to court. what state has jurisdiction? Who moved out of state? If you moved then you don't really have anyone to blame for yourself. when you move out of state you risk losing the relationship with your daughter. You need to file a child support reduction with the state that the order was done out of. Try going to their website. Your arrears will keep piling up. This will not deduct any past arrears but it will modify your future orders to reflect what you make.

you could have stopped to move or you should have taken mom to court to have her pay all visitation expenses. Does your state have jurisdiction then? If so then head to court nd start filing for a reduction in CS and for visititation. Mom moved several years ago and if you are just now addressing the movem the courts may not do much in your favor. If the orig order is out of WI they should have jurisdiction.

Hi,

Been there and done this.,..

You need to take care of that warrant. You will never get a job with a warrant hanging over you.

1. DO NOT TURN YOURSELF IN YET! You need to send something to CSEA at least ONCE a WEEK, even if its only $10. Do this for 4 weeks. You need to acquire ay least $500 for bail. After you complete step 1....

2. Turn yourself in at 8am on a monday and have somebody go with you. Have the someone hold the $500 bail money. You will most likely get a bail hearing by the afternoon. This will allow you to spend the least amount of time behind bars. Bring the receipt of the 4 weekly payments you made to CSEA. Use it as proof of your attention to set this matter right and fullfill your obligation. It may or may not compell the judge to be more lenient on your bail.

3. When you are bailed out.....continue to make at least $10 payments to the CSEA. This will help you in your contempt of court hearing that the judge has set for you..

I'm not a lawyer, but once you are in arrears, there is no lawyer in the world who can help you now.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back