Child Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

granny630

I am not sure if I am directing this to the right place, but it pertains somewhat to a child custody/support case. Due to a death threat made by our daughter's ex –boyfriend and father of her child, the Judge in the Town where it happened issued an Order of Protection for my husband and I.

My question is: When our daughter has her Court appearances for the Child Custody/Support we always go with her for support. Her ex has never showed up until the last time. When we walked into court, his lawyer said "excuse me Judge, but these people have an Order of Protection against my client and I would like them removed from the Court Room". So my husband and I were kicked out. Is there any way to get a waiver from the Court so we can at least be in the courtroom with our daughter to support her?

Thank you.

Generally not. You either have a restraining order, or you don't. You probably wil be asked to leave the court since both of you are in violation of the order if the RO is not followed.

Duranie,

Yes that is exactly what happened when we went to court with her last time. I know the Judge told him at the last court hearing that he did not have to appear in person at the next court date since he lives so far away (i guess he can do it over the phone or just have his attorney represent him) -- so if he is not there then there is not a problem I am correct?

Thanks

Granny630

If he is not there then correct you should not have to worry. He is a party to all of this so he has the right to show up obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back