Child Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

nydriver73

I have been in this divorce/child custody battle for almost four years. The judge ordered a forensic report and it suggested that both the father and I should have an equal amount of time with the children. It also suggested that the father should be the custodial parent (he gave the RIGHT but not realistic answers). The trial day is coming soon. What is the chance of me getting full physical custody? (I was home with my children for nine years and just started working five years ago).

well if the forensic report stated that Dad should have residential custody then nobody can predict whether or not the judge will agree to it.

There is something you are not telling us. What is the reason the mediator/GAL or whoever did the report recommended Dad? If you are refusing to co-parent with Dad and want him to have as little time as possible then that could negatively reflect on you. With 50/50 custody it is possible child support will be a wash.

I didn't see the report myself. However, I attorney stated that some of the reasons were that he earns more than I do and he has his parents to help him with the children. I didn't refuse co-parenting with him. He was not an involved dad for nine years until children's law guardian came into the picture. I was home with the children for close to nine years. During these years, I was the sole caretaker of these children. I believe that children shouldn't be going back and forth between two houses. They should have a stable environment to live. He originally agreed to joint custody and I have full physical custody until he started calculating child support. He earns close to 40 percent more thatn I do. If we have 50-50, who pays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back