Change on debt recovery company after I started paying?

Andrew elliott

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi, so basically I have an outstanding parking charge from 2 years ago for £170. One side of the road was private and the other wasn't I didn't realise this. I ignored the letters for a while then decided to start paying them off with a company trying to recover the charges. Without informing me parking controls ltd changed the company that was recovering the debt to DCBL who then started trying to recover the full amount again. I rang the first company who informed me that yes parking controls had terminated the contract with them and they would refund me, which they did. I don't agree that they have just changed the company without informing me so have refused to pay the fine. If this goes to court where would I stand as I have had the final notice of debt recovery letter explaining they have reccomend there client to take legal action?

I don't agree that they have just changed the company without informing me

You were "informed" when the new company started dunning you.

have refused to pay the fine.

That was foolish. You should have just applied the refund to the debt and would have been no worse off than before.

If this goes to court where would I stand

You would lose.

The next poster will probably tell you that this is a site for UK law, yada, yada, yada.

I'm giving you common sense. Consult a solicitor if you like.

You were "informed" when the new company started dunning you.

That was foolish. You should have just applied the refund to the debt and would have been no worse off than before.

You would lose.

The next poster will probably tell you that this is a site for UK law, yada, yada, yada.

I'm giving you common sense. Consult a solicitor if you like.

Appreciate the reply! Yeah it was just the fact I had to chase my own refund from the original company otherwise I might of never got it. Then when I tried to contact parking controls they never even respond to me.

Back